Compare top spots to visit in Auckland this Summer
Summer is nearly up, explore what Auckland has on to offer this weekend and best of all, it's all free! Slap on some sunscreen and get amongst our hot spots to visit before the sunny vibes start to slip away.
Summer ends this weekend, so slap on some sunscreen, chuck on ya finest pōtae (hat) and get amongst it before the sunny vibes start to slip away.
- Markets – if you love food then Auckland markets are the place to be this weekend! We can’t travel but we can eat, a lot, so take a trip to France by visiting La Cigale, based in Parnell every Sat and Sun, hosting a variety of tasty treats and feasts inspired by France to get your fix. Feel like trying something new? Head across to Henderson to The Shed Collective. A fresh, local, plant-based food market every Saturday 9am-1pm. A bit of a special spot, with trees and a vineyard, sometimes even sheep, a great market for little ones to play.
- Walks – need noise free, fresh air? Whether it be for the insta, snap or your mental wellbeing a short stroll around the Mercer Bay Loop in Piha is the hikoi (walk) for you. About 50 minutes round loop or 2.2km (don’t worry you can turn back at any time), suitable for families and your fur babies on the leash. A beautiful west coast walk with stunning views and history.
- Art Fans – this one’s for you! Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki is holding TOI TŪ TOI ORA: Contemporary Māori Art until 9th May 2021. Hosting art spanning 70 years with work by more than 100 artists, the word is this is the place to visit and the exhibition to see this Summer. Whether you’re an art expert or new to it, this exhibition has something for everyone of every culture. Top tips: expect to want to go a couple of times to do it all.
- Beaches – where oh where are the beaches without pollution, sea lice, toxic snails and jelly fish explosions you ask?! Take a ride north to Orewa (30 min from the CBD) and take your pick of sweet-as Kiwi sea, sand and surf. Orewa hosts a dog beach, where your pups can frolic freely surrounded by park, across the road is the infamous wharf that sees its fair share of manus or take your pick from the main stretch where you have beaches galore, with parks, playgrounds, cafes, and cycle ways. Tip Top Tip: get an ice cream at Faridas – it’s worth it.
- Botanic Gardens – Living the townhouse/apartment life and your only grass is from Kmart fake plants? It’s ok, the Auckland Botanic Gardens are here to serve you with real nature, 64 hectares of pure paradise hosting over 10,000 plants from around the world. So many things to do, we suggest you planning your day or simply head to the garden’s café on Sunday for live music 11am-2pm and kick back to enjoy the rolling scenery and great food.
- Sit down, relax and have a strong cuppa while you review your bills - Compare your internet and power plans at www.nzcompare.com you might just get some savings that you can spend on your next adventure out. Need some hassle-free help? Call our Kiwi based team on 0508 22 66 72, it’s free and they’ll help you make a fully informed choice on what plan and provider is best for you!